Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Women Of The 90s Rock, Alternative, and Grunge Scene

The 90's was truly the golden age of music in the alternative, grunge, metal, rock, and pop music scene. I realized that most of my musical influences are female or bands that have female members. It wasn't that much of a big deal but to me, it is something I truly celebrate as a musician who started out learning to play music in the 90s.



They ruled the radio, MTV, and the charts. Most of them even kicked ass than their male counterparts. More music made by women made more sense, and with lyrics or themes that are beyond testosterone or being macho. These women proved the world that gender doesn't matter when it comes to music, because each of us have our own musical tastes.

I admired and love the women of music, I am greatly influenced by them - singers, vocalists, bassists, drummers, artists, and live performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment